From the Career Directors International (CDI) Press Release: “Julie Walraven, Executive Director of Design Resumes, has been awarded international certification as a Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW) by Career Directors International (CDI). This Master-Level certification, the pinnacle level of competency for CDI, required Julie to demonstrate her superior knowledge and experience in contemporary resume writing through an intensive examination of her professional writing. She was assessed on her broad range of industry knowledge and expertise in the areas of strategy, branding, advanced visual appeal, and contextual narrative. Recognition as a CMRW sets Ms. Walraven apart from the competition and distinguishes the high caliber of her credentials in assisting clientele with professional resume services.”
How does the Design Resumes process work?
As a Certified Professional Resume Writer, I write your resume using my highly interactive and personalized live-writing process (for more details, click here), quiz you on your accomplishments, and teach the latest job search strategies to get you back to work quicker, make a career transition to a new role, or grab the internal promotion you want. Your resume is formatted and planned using my unique Project Roadmap that allows us to evaluate and discuss your preferences for your resume down to specific formatting strategies and determining which sections should be in your resume.
The interactive process creates an opportunity for us to discuss your specific needs. I meet with you multiple times depending on the size of your package. Our entry level option, the Bronze package usually requires 4 to 5 of my 90 minute sessions to deliver the completed resume. As your career progresses, the length of time to write your resume expands with an executive level resume likely to take about 10 to 12 hours. While this may seem like a long time to work with me, the rewards are well worth it, see the success story below.
“After what I would call nothing less than the most rigorous interview process I’ve ever experienced, I DID get the Director of Marketing job! – and was within 24 hours of accepting that exciting opportunity when I received a call from the CEO of the parent company with an opportunity and a challenge I just couldn’t refuse, …. a promotion to President of our company! (I’m delighted with the package I received! A huge salary increase, a generous bonus opportunity, and a LTI package.)”
What additional services does Design Resumes offer?
In addition to creating value-filled, accomplishment driven resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles, there are many other services, a few are listed below:
- I also offer interview coaching sessions tailored to meet your specific interview needs and answer the really tough questions (you know the ones that scare you.)
- To decrease the length of your job search and help you land the position you desire, I coach you on effective job search strategies
- To get the full benefit of using social media in your job search, I teach you strategic solutions and show you the best ways to use social media.
- Exploring my packages and offers will help you find the perfect career marketing solution for you. Click here for more information.
Success stories! Will working with me make a difference?
Resume Clients e-mails:
My job search lasted about 2 months, and I was called in for interviews with four companies during that time. I was called by a fifth company after I had accepted the position. Thank you for your help with my resume and cover letter…..SUCCESS!
and another client finds a new role:
I am an “Electrical Technician” and have been offered further advancement with the company. Been very busy with work and doing some field service for them on upgrading a hydro plant in Cornell. Seems like everyday they find out about more of my abilities and want to keep me around!! Everyone is very nice to work with and they really appreciate me. WOW… what a change from my old company!
I take you beyond the resume and teach you the most current ways to search for job and explain networking in a way to help you build the connections to lead to your next position.
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), since 2003
- Member, Career Directors International, since 2009
- Member, Professional Resume Writers & Career Coaches, since 1999
- Associate, Career Thought Leaders Consortium, since 2012
- Authorized DISC Administrator
- Member, Career Management Alliance, 2003—2011
- Member and Webmaster, Wesley United Methodist Church
- Member, Wausau Region Chamber of Commerce, since 1995
- Former Member, Kiwanis Club of Wausau
In addition to my professional life, I am a wife, mom of two adult sons, and Buddy’s owner (Buddy is our German Shepherd.) Walking is my favorite form of exercise but my passions also include gardening. I love seeing things grow and trying new things in the garden, in the kitchen, in technology, and in my life.
Public Speaking & Presentations
Throughout the years, I have given job search and resume writing seminars to college students, AmeriCorps members, high school students, and community groups to help job seekers grasp innovative career marketing strategies and share my knowledge of new ways to land a job.
As a resource for career-related information for the media, highlights include:
- Quoted in the Washington Times
- Partnered with Wausau Daily Herald’s Job Seeker Makeover Series
- Provided tips for ABC affiliate, WAOW-TV, for a story on how to set your resume apart from the rest.
- Featured on many Twitter lists as a source for jobseeker and career management information.
- Selected as one of The Top 100 Twitter Accounts Job Seekers Must Follow: 2012 by the SavvyIntern.
- Published in 51 Best Job Search Blogs of 2011 by JobMob.
Internationally published resume writer
Welcome to my office!
[ googleplusauthor ]