What can I expect from Julie Walraven and Design Resumes?
- COLLABORATIVE PROCESS – Working with me for your resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, interview coaching, or other career marketing is different!
- I need your commitment to the process because I write LIVE. In person in my office or virtually on Skype.
- If you work with me, you will see your documents and profile created on the screen in front of you and we will conduct our coaching sessions with you as an active participant.
- 30 years of this process created thousands of happy clients because they are the person who thrives on interaction and participation! Is it for you? Let’s chat!
Each sample resume was designed and written by me, Julie Walraven, Certified Professional Resume Writer at Design Resumes. The samples are fictionalized versions of real resumes used with the permission of the clients involved. The identifiable details are changed but the content and formatting remains the same.
Not only was this resume written for one of my clients, it was written for Design Resumes’s first intern. Amelia (or Emily) completed her Associate’s Degree in Human Resources and part of the degree program was an internship with me. New ground for both of us, we created opportunities for Emily to take part in the construction of her own resume as all my clients do and also let her sit in (with permission) on some client sessions.
One of ways we featured Emily’s prior HR related experience was to select accomplishments that demonstrated using those skills in her prior jobs:
- Trained all bartenders, who ranged from zero experience to highly trained service staff, in company policy, resulting in uniform work standards, increased revenue, and increased customer satisfaction. ~ Inspirations Ballroom
When she went to her college career fair, she was pleased to find that this new version of her resume commanded the attention of many local human resources representatives and she rapidly was getting interviews.
She has decided to continue her education with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management.
If you are an individual who is looking to land a career in human resources, I would love to help you find your new human resources position in this very competitive job marketplace. To learn more, read this!