I had to smile at this e-mail from a client yesterday: “I’ll walk in Monday with a smile knowing I have a power-packed resume!”
Life’s been very busy for me lately. Actually, it is always that way but lately the cause has been a blessing of client projects mostly generated by the story. I actually like a full plate so it has been fine but a bit of a balancing act.
Notes like the one above are what keep me pressing on to get the projects finalized so I can hear the success stories.
What’s the difference between “just a resume” and a power-packed resume?
- Just a resume is bare bones, often 1 page, jammed with nondescript duties and nothing compelling.
- A Power-packed Resume takes the person’s stories and weaves them into accomplishment-focused stories: “Forged key client relationship to finalize $10,000 annual small business advertising account.
- Just a resume lists a line of jobs with no details to make you want to read on.
- A Power-packed Resume weaves a story of success and captures you with a compelling profile: “Energetic and innovative leader who can structure and manage revenue streams and expenses to maximize the bottom line and create best path of fiscal success…”
- Just a resume drones on without anything to make you care.
- A Power-packed Resume might include quotes from employers or customers that prove the value of the applicant: “You have maintained an outstanding attitude toward your work, fellow employees, and the company in general. I am humbled… It’s obvious to me that you know that a man’s value means so much more than a job. Thanks for inspiring me to be a better man, by what I’ve observed in you.”
It takes more effort and thinking from the career changer or job seeker to create a power-packed resume but when you have one, the results can be game changing!
Resume Design and Job Seeking Tips
Here are Design Resumes' latest articles on job search, resume design, resume writing, and Linkedin optimization articles I've written.
Professional Resume Writer
Here are ways I can help you land your dream job.
You may be halfway across the country or the world. When you work with me, we share coffee, laughs, and concerns. This turns the scary job search into creative, consultative writing and learning sessions.