Often people are curious to know what it is like to work with me. My business model is different than most resume writers. My collaborative, personalized, strategic methodology is what sets me apart. Consider it a coaching resume writer who is there to help you win your next role as a partner in your job search.
Work with Julie
- Everyone works only with me for all writing projects. I don’t use subcontractors or hired writers.
- If you hire me, I write your resume, LinkedIn Profile, cover letters, and any other written projects. This can include bios, addendums, social media profiles, content marketing, and references.
- I work live. What does that mean? I write while you are watching me. I ask questions.
- You answer questions and ask more of your own questions about job search or resume writing or anything on your mind.
- Consider my process as intensive, interactive and personalized strategic coaching and live writing sessions that give you hands-on advice while we write your resume.
- Zoom and WebEx are as my video technology applications. The video technology is mainly for screen sharing but I have a webcam and if the client has a webcam, they are welcome to use it to create the face-to-face meeting.
- I write in Microsoft Word and consider MS Word critical to the client success.
- If the client doesn’t have Word on their computer, I recommend they buy it. Microsoft Office is now sold as a subscription online as Office 365. The $99.99 annual package allows you to install it on 5 PCs plus other devices, this is very affordable. Job seekers should use Word, Excel, and Office applications, which are the standard in most offices, organizations, and corporations.
How does your schedule work?
- I work with 3 clients daily. After evaluation, this is the best number to ensure each client gets the personalized service they need.
- Client select one of three career marketing packages fitting their personal needs.
- In addition to daytime appointments, I offer evening and Saturday appointments for clients who can’t meet during the day.
- In between client appointments, I meet with prospects, write cover letters, create marketing content, and manage the other aspects of running a successful business.
- I use Calendly to manage my schedule. This allows clients to schedule appointments with me when it is convenient for them. It frees me to keep on task. I have to admit, the first times I woke up to emails telling me I had four or more appointments scheduled while I slept, it was pretty startling.
What makes you qualified to write my resume?
My industry certifications identify me as an expert in my field. With 30+ years of career marketing experience, I have a solid grasp of resume writing and job search strategies. However, I continue to invest in strategic training to ensure I remain cutting-edge as job search evolves.
- Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW) one of 43 in the world
- Certified Executive Resume Master (CERM) one of 27 in the world
- Since 2003, Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
If you would like to explore working with me to reach your goals, I would be happy to speak with you. Contact me!