Why do you need an exceptional cover letter? Aren’t cover letters extinct? One reason I include cover letters in all Design Resumes packages is to ensure that if you target a job where the hiring manager likes to read your exceptional cover letter, you have one. It is better to be prepared than not.
The top 5 ingredients for an exceptional cover letter:
- Target your cover letter to a specific position.
- Use the job description to reflect key qualifications as you write a cover letter resonating with the job.
Sound like you can do the job to get the job.
- Research the best person to write the cover letter, not just dear HR. This is the hard part. It is so easy to just generically sent it to HR or Hiring Manager but this should be personalized whenever possible.
- Integrate accomplishments into your cover letter to match the job description.
- Ask for the interview in the cover letter. And if you are assertive, you will mention that you will follow up in 7 to 10 days to see when you can schedule an interview.
Get the idea? Stay tuned for more job search strategies to make you the one they want!
Julie Walraven can help you achieve results through using a personalized job search and resume writing strategy to take the mystery out of the process. To find out how, simply click here!
Resume Design and Job Seeking Tips
Here are Design Resumes' latest articles on job search, resume design, resume writing, and Linkedin optimization articles I've written.
Professional Resume Writer
Here are ways I can help you land your dream job.
You may be halfway across the country or the world. When you work with me, we share coffee, laughs, and concerns. This turns the scary job search into creative, consultative writing and learning sessions.