Why Use Selected Career Highlights?
The word “select” draws our eye and catches our attention. We think of something exclusive, alluring, desired when we hear the word selected. That is one of the reasons I recommend using Selected Career Highlights.
Why I use Selected Resume Highlights in Most Resumes
This is why I use a Selected Career Highlights section on most resumes for my clients.
Choices for headings for this section can be:
- Strategic Achievements
- Leadership Performance Highlights
- Selected Milestones and Highlights
- Accomplishment Highlights
- Leadership & Technology Milestones
- Career Success
- Key Examples of Success
- Leadership Success Highlights
- Career Benchmarks
What is the right content for the Selected Accomplishments section?
Your selected highlights are used for your quantifiable achievements. This illustrates the ability you have to help the company achieve its goals.
You can showcase older accomplishments but reference the company name. Nothing bothers a hiring manager more than a list of accomplishments with no ties to the job or company.
Think back on your career and fill the accomplishment area with those resume stories that show your value.
- $50 million luxury five-star resort hotel, a 245,484 square foot, Mediterranean architectural style, featuring 33 luxury suites, meeting/ballroom, pre-function room, restaurants, state-of-the-art culinary facility, and solarium.
- Pre-construction Services – Played a key role with pre-referendum support services to achieve successful passage of six public school referendums with values from $6.9 million to $28 million.
Selected Career Highlights?
- Lean Enterprise – Decreased TAKT time by 58.6% and improved productivity by 23.7% through Lean Enterprise Model design and execution, while directing execution of Index Build, Point of Use Inventory, Kanban system, and leading Vendor Managed Inventory projects.
- Tactical Marketing – Enhanced ABC’s presence in Quebec’s strong French community by participating in conferences, trade shows, and committees as the face of the company whose Canadian English background lacked the acceptance by the French plant community.
- Capital Campaign – Spearheaded $2.2 million capital campaign in collaboration with Fundraising Chair for Friends in Service to Humanity (F.I.S.H.) and garnered commitments from high net worth prospects, securing gifts from $5,000 to $100,000.
Need more Help in understanding the value of Resume Highlights
Land your next role! I am the pioneer of unique resume writing services and strategy. I use interactive live writing and coaching sessions to capture your value.
I help bring out your passion and stories to dig deep into your experiences with you. Learn more here
Resume Design and Job Seeking Tips
Here are Design Resumes' latest articles on job search, resume design, resume writing, and Linkedin optimization articles I've written.
Professional Resume Writer
Here are ways I can help you land your dream job.
You may be halfway across the country or the world. When you work with me, we share coffee, laughs, and concerns. This turns the scary job search into creative, consultative writing and learning sessions.